The answer to this question depends on how your employer is listing you.
Many employers will consider you an inactive employee, in which case you are still considered to be employed. If you are receiving your payments through payroll, you need to ask the following questions:
• Am I still considered an employee?
• If someone calls for me from outside the company, what will that person be told?
• What happens if I find a job while receiving this money?
• Is the employer providing me with resume or job search assistance during this time?
• Can I have use of an office during this time?