Yes. Although we think of it as light, the air has heavy mass. Because the air is held to earth by the strong pull of gravity, it has a total weight of more than 5,600 trillion (5,600,000,000,000,000) tons!
- How Much Does One Square Inch of Air Weigh?
- Why Does Mexico City Suffer From So Much Air Pollution and What Causes the Poor Air Quality In Mexico City?
- Why Does Warm Air Hold More Moisture Than Cold Air?
- Why Do the Planets Rotate Around the Sun and What Keeps the Planets In Orbit Around the Sun?
- Which Rings Around the Planet Saturn Are the Most Prominent and What Is the Biggest Ring Around Saturn Called?