The vaccine is very effective, with over 95 percent of recipients developing appropriate antibodies by one month after the initial dose. After the booster dose, 100 percent of recipients develop appropriate antibodies. The protection lasts for at least ten years and appears to be lifelong.
- How effective is the hepatitis B vaccine?
- What is hepatitis B and what kind of health problems does hepatitis B cause?
- How is hepatitis B transmitted and how likely is our child to get hepatitis B?
- What is hepatitis A and what kind of health problems does hepatitis A cause?
- How is hepatitis A transmitted and how likely is our child to get hepatitis A?