You should check your credit report at least once a year. That way if there are errors on the report you will be able to catch them before documents are tossed out and memories are erased.
- Which credit bureau do I choose to get my credit report from?
- Is it true that a large number of inquiries on my credit report can affect my credit score?
- Are your credit score and credit report the only things that determine if you can get a mortgage and at what rate?
- What information is available on a credit report?
- How can I get a copy of my credit report?