In the 1500s, captains began spooling la line of string out the back of the ship as it moved. At intervals, knots were tied into the string. By counting the number of knots that were
- How Did a Ship’s Speed Come To Be Measured in Knots?
- How was the Knot Invented to Measure the Speed of a Ship and When Did the Unit of Speed Originate?
- What Is the Top Speed For a Unicycle and How Fast Was the Unicycle Word Speed Record?
- Do All Birds Flap Their Wings at the Same Speed When They Fly?
- Is The Universe Expanding Faster Than The Speed Of Light?