It’s estimated that 70 percent of people with bipolar disorder will receive at least one inaccurate psychiatric diagnosis. On average they will see four doctors before receiving the appropriate diagnosis. The time between the onset of symptoms and receiving an accurate diagnosis may be ten years or more.
- What tests are used to diagnose Asperger’s Disorder?
- Is there a checklist to diagnose Asperger’s Disorder?
- What is bipolar II and how is bipolar II differrent from bipolar I?
- What is seasonal affective disorder and how does it relate to bipolar disorder?
- What medications can treat an anxiety disorder in a person with bipolar disorder?