Carmel color made in North America is derived from corn. However, caramel color made in Europe is derived from wheat starch, but is considered gluten-free because it’s so highly processed.
- If a product doesn’t say gluten-free and doesn’t have any gluten ingredients is it gluten-free?
- Does “gluten-free” on the package mean “100 percent gluten-free?”
- What are some companies that have 100 percent dedicated gluten-free facilities or dedicated equipment for…
- Does “no added gluten” or “no gluten” mean gluten-free?
- How Did Crackerjack Get its Name and Where Did the Caramel-Covered Popcorn Come From?