This type of mortgage is used when your home is being built. It is usually a two-step borrowing process. For the first step, borrowers pay a high interest rate during the construction. In the first step the borrower draws money out to pay the builder, and the mortgage payment is only the interest on the amounts drawn out. After the home is built and certified as able to be occupied, the borrower goes through a second closing when the mortgage loan converts to a conventional fixed rate mortgage.
- What Is the Largest Construction Project of All Time?
- Where Was the Oldest Man Made Construction on Earth Found?
- Is there any way to avoid construction surprises when I flip a house?
- How do engineers and construction crews make tall buildings perfectly straight and vertical?
- How do construction engineers dig tunnels underwater?