There are a handful of available remedies a government employee may ask for, including:
• the positing of a notice to all employees advising them of their rights under the laws EEOC enforces and the right to be free from retaliation for exercising these rights;
• actions that will correct the discrimination complained of going
• nondiscriminatory placement of the employee in the position he or she would have occupied had the discrimination not occurred;
• compensatory damages, such as fees the employee had to pay to
attorneys to bring the discrimination complaint;
• back pay and costs for lost benefits; and,
• stopping the specific discriminatory practices complained of.