Japan, China, India, and the hundreds of islands scattered among them were lumped together under the name “Indies” by Europeans.
- How were Native Americans treated differently in other parts of the West Indies during the Spanish Colonization…
- Who was the first European explorer to find a sea route to the Indies?
- Which Islands Make Up the West Indies In the Caribbean Sea and How Many People Live In the Caribbean?
- Was the Land That Christopher Columbus First Sighted In October 1492 Really an Island In the West Indies?
- Why Did European Countries Colonize the British West Indies and Why Was Sugar Cane an Important Crop?