The issue of weight gain and antipsychotic medications has become an increasingly important one. It is now clear that certain atypical antipsychotics can cause substantial weight gain (as much as a pound per week). A couple of the newer ones have been able to demonstrate less weight gain, which for many makes them an attractive alternative.
- Are some antipsychotics more likely to cause extrapyramidal symptoms and anticholinergic symptoms?
- How Much Food Do We Eat Over the Christmas Holidays and How Much Weight Does the Average Person Gain?
- What can I do to stop the weight gain while taking an antipsychotic drug?
- Will I lose or gain weight on a gluten-free diet?
- Why do some antipsychotics work better than others?