When a typists hands take the standard position taught around the world, the left hand controls fifteen letters, including the most frequently used, E, A, T, R and S.
The right hand controls only eleven keys, although it also controls the comma and the period.
The left hand makes about 56 percent of the strokes leaving 44 percent for the right.
Reverberates, effervesce, and stewardess can be typed entirely with the left hand.
Monopoly, homonym, and lollipop can be typed using only the right hand.
The delete/backspace keys come under the right, which equalizes the workload between the two hands for an average typist.