Unlike major depressive disorder (unipolar depression), which occurs more frequently in women, bipolar I disorder affects men and women in equal numbers. It occurs in all nationalities and ethnic groups. bipolar II occurs more frequently in women, as does the rapid-cycling variant.
- What is bipolar II and how is bipolar II differrent from bipolar I?
- What is seasonal affective disorder and how does it relate to bipolar disorder?
- What medications can treat an anxiety disorder in a person with bipolar disorder?
- How often does borderline personality disorder co-occur with bipolar disorder?
- Is there a connection between borderline personality disorder and bipolar disorder?